Illustrator and maker-of-things Beci Orpin is the very clever creative behind Gro-To’s very charming faces. And she made this tin can toss game, just for us! And for you! To DIY at home this holidays with your little humans.
- 6 x empty tins with the label removed. (Or any containers that you can stack! Have a look in the recycling bin to see what you can find.)
- A mix of Gro-To cartons.
- Coloured paper to cover the tins. (You could also use paint, or leave them without covers if you prefer.)
- Glue or double-sided tape.
- Markers/stickers (optional).
- A ball, to play the game once you are done!
1. Cut out the faces from the Gro-To cartons.
2. Cut the coloured paper down to cover the tins or containers.
3. Add glue or tape to the paper and wrap around tins. Secure with extra glue or tape if needed.
4. Once the tins are covered, add the faces. Use the Gro-To cut-outs, or create your own faces too using extra cut paper, markers and stickers. Get creative!
Time to play!
To play the tin can toss, stack the cans in a pyramid formation. Each player takes a turn tossing the ball at the cans to see who can knock down the most cans. Play a series of rounds and keep score as you go! The player who has knocked over the most cans will be the winner. And a mug one, at that.